Mission: To support and inspire the development of Woodruff School undergraduate students.
Vision: Undergraduate academic advising in the Woodruff School will actively engage students in their educational experience so they can become independent, life-long learners who are innovative and contributing members in their larger community.
Academic Advising Hours
- Advising hours are 8-12 and 1-4 ET, Monday - Friday.
- Advisors see students in-person and remotely Monday - Thursday, and remotely only on Fridays.
- Virtual Drop-In Advising (all drop in advising in virtual only)
- Every Wednesday from 8-11:45
- Drop-in advising is for short 5-10 minute questions only. This is not for required advising or long term scheduling.
- Drop in Advising Link Drop In Advising
- You must sign up for an appointment through Advisor Link one day in advance. Students can select in-person advising or virtual advising.
Academic Advisor Signatures on Forms
- Forms will take ~2 business days to sign. During active registration times, this may be delayed up to a week.
- All forms using DocuSign should be send to Kristi Mehaffey at firstname.lastname@example.org for the ME or NRE advisor signature.
- All other forms should be submitted to the ME/NRE Canvas Advising.
Undergraduate Advising Requirements
We require academic advisement for the following groups of students:
First-Year Freshman (ME and NRE): Must meet with their advisor in the spring to discuss the first-year advising worksheet
Students taking ME 2202 or NRE 3301: Must meet with their advisor to discuss the sophomore advising worksheet
Probation or Warning Standing: Must meet with their advisor to discuss the academic standing worksheet
Midterm Advising: Students with multiple midterm U's must meet with their advisor to discuss the midterm worksheet
A new advisor for this population is coming soon. In the mean time, please use the following advisors.
Last Names I-K: Laura Tolliver
Last Names L: Lenna Applebee
Last Names M: Kristi Mehaffey
ME Career Advising
NRE Career & Faculty Advising
Faculty advisors are available to help with career planning, research opportunities, technical electives and graduate school. Faculty advisors are assigned by the first letter of your last name.
(text and background only visible when logged in)